Women's track takes third at Ivy League Championships

Anna Jurew, Madeleine Sumner and Jackie Berardo stand together after winning the 4x8 relay. 

After qualifying 10 athletes for Day Two, the women’s track and field team finished in third place in the Ivy League Heptagonal Championship with 103 points.

The team was tied for third with Dartmouth after Day One with 29 points. Seniors Allison Harris and Julia Ratcliffe stood out with first-place performances in their respective events. Harris won her fourth Ivy pole vault title with a meet record of 4.23 meters, the 17th best of the season in the NCAA and the seventh best in the East. Ratcliffe became the first student-athlete to win four hammer throw titles. Her furthest throw out of three reached 69.24 meters (227-2).

Day Two saw new personal records and two event wins in the steeplechase and the 4x800m relay. Senior Lizzie Bird took the steeplechase title, the second of her career, at 10:14.24. The relay team of Bird, sophomore Anna Jurew, sophomore Jackie Berardo, and senior Zoe Sims obtained Princeton’s first 4x800 win since 2013.

Junior Kennedy O’Dell also had an eventful meet, earning a total of ten points across three events: the hammer throw, the shot put, and the discus. O’Dell finished in fourth in the hammer throw in Day One with a 55.11-meter toss. She also took fourth in the shot put with a personal record of 13.98. She threw another a personal record in the discus, finishing in fifth at 44.42.

Sophomores Kerri Davidson and Nnenna Ibe each competed in the triple jump, finishing fifth and eighth, respectively.

Freshman Heide Baron, freshman Ashley Willingham, sophomore Ellie Randolph, and senior Christina Walter earned third place in 4x100m relay at 46.76, their best time of the season.

Walter also competed in the 100m and 200m finals, finishing at 24.25 and 11.86.

Senior Elisa Steele and Willingham earned personal records in the 400m, clocking in at 54.77 and 55.41 to take third and sixth.

Freshman Devon Block-Funkhouser finished in sixth in the 400m hurdles at 1:01.70 after qualifying with a personal record on Day One.

Sophomore Gabi Forrest and senior Alexandra Markovich ran the 5k. Forrest finished in fourth at 16:39.20 and Markovich seventh at 16:46.10.

Junior Quinn Parker, Baron, Willingham, and Steele combined for 3:43.14 in the 4x400m, earning fourth place standing.

Ten points came in the heptathlon as junior Maia Craver and sophomore Frances Lodge placed third and fourth with 4,902 and 4,869 points.

After the meet, Princeton earned eight All-Ivy League honors. Allison Harris, Julia Ratcliffe, Lizzie Bird, Anna Jurew, Jackie Berardo, and Zoe Sims earned First-Team All-Ivy honors, while Berardo was also named Second-Team All-Ivy.

The Tigers will travel to West Point to compete against Army on Thursday before they wrap up the season with the ECAC Championship, NCAA East Regionals, and NCAA Championships.