A suspected gas leak in Frist Campus Center on Wednesday, Jan. 18, was found to be an odor coming from a sewer drain, according to a statement by the University.
At about noon, an odor suspected to be natural gas spread throughout Frist, prompting a building-wide evacuation.
University Spokesperson John Cramer redirected comments to the official University statement.
While the Princeton Fire Department worked with University Facilities to discover the cause of the leak, no students were allowed to enter the building. Melody Falter ’16 said that she attempted to enter the building at approximately 12:30 p.m., but was not let in until approximately 12:50 p.m., when the building resumed operations.
The University has not released additional information regarding the cause of the odor, which had subsided by the time the building was reopened.