Election Day: Where to go and what to do

With Election Day finally upon the United States, Americans across the nation are — and will be — lining up to cast their ballots throughout the day, or in the case of absentee voters, keeping their eyes peeled on the polls and heart rates up until the late hours of the night when results are finally announced.

The Computer Science Building Lobby and Carl Icahn Laboratory are two voting locations on campus, and they will be open from 6 a.m until 8 p.m. A Snapchat filter will be available for students and voters. Taking photos inside voting booths is prohibited.

Many University groups are hosting a variety of events around campus for the Election Day as well.

The American Whig-Cliosophic Society will host an Election Night Extravaganza starting at 7 p.m. until election results are announced. The event is open to all students of the University community. There will be 270 bubble teas, representing the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency, 1000 Dunkin’ Donuts, pizza, a photo booth, a raffle for a grand prize of Beats Headphones, and more. There will also be screenings on all four floors, with MSNBC showing in the basement, CNN on both the first and second floors, and Foxon the third.

Additionally, a Cannon Green photo booth will be open all day between Whig Hall and Clio Hall. A photographer will be present to take photos of people with Nassau Hall in the background as well as balloons that spell “VOTED.” A Snapchat filter will also be available on the spot.

Frist Campus Center is also taking part in Election Day festivities, welcoming students with steps taped red, white, and blue, as well as balloons that spell “VOTE.” There will be donuts, pins, and a Snapchat filter on-site.

The results of the Whig-Clio sponsored Prediction Pool will be announced as soon as the results are known. A total of 193 students participated and gave predictions for which candidate they thought would win key battleground states and congressional races.