News and Notes: U. hosts annual community and staff day

The University hosted its annual Community and Staff Day, including a Family Fun Fest, at Princeton Stadium on Saturday.

The stadium concourse was filled with booths offering anything from crafts such as making tissue paper flowers to music, face painting, bounce houses, and games hosted by the University and several local nonprofits, according to the University’s website. University groups on the concourse included the University's employee resource groups, Cotsen Children's Library, the Baby Lab, Theatre Intime, the Office of Sustainability, and the Princeton Center for Complex Materials. Community organizations that hosted booths included the Arts Council of Princeton, McCarter Theatre Center, Corner House, Princeton Public Library, and the Historical Society of Princeton.

"We were delighted with the attendance and the enthusiasm of the crowd," Erin Metro, associate director for community relations in the Office of Community and Regional Affairs, said to the Office of Communications.

On Weaver Track, next to the stadium, University student-athletes hosted a youth sports clinic that featured sports such as baseball, basketball, crew, fencing, lacrosse, softball, and track and field.

"We appreciate the Princeton student-athletes who participated in the very popular youth sports clinic and the community organizations and campus partners who participated in the Family Fun Fest," Metro said to the Office of Communications.

The annual Community and Staff Day flowed into the University’s football game against Lafayette College, which the University won 35-31. The 12,000 local residents that were given free tickets to the game enjoyed the ensuing firework show, which concluded the day.

The event was organized by the University's Office of Community and Regional Affairs.