FROM THE ARCHIVES: Woman's place is-

April 25, 1924 -Mainly where she wants to be. So we must conclude after watching the abler members of the opposite sex gain seats in the House of Commons, capture municipal and state offices, and even run taxicabs. We never had the matter brought so strongly to our attention as we have by the appearance on our formerly strictly masculine Campus of a group of girls whose presence here is a challenge to male forensic superiority.

We are not inclined to regard this invasion of our cloistered life here as an attempt to insinuate feminism into Princeton. We do not look askance at these visitors from a neighboring institution of learning. Nay rather, we welcome them. They afford us a pleasurable relief from our humdrum existence. If Alexander Hall can stand the strain, it requires no great effort from us. On with the debate, but we hope that the motto of the occasion will not be "To the victors belong the spoils."

It is a wholesome sign, however, of the broadening interest of the eternal feminine that these daughters of Vassar are daring to enter what was formerly a masculine province, politics. Many of us had almost been forced to agree that the only thoughts that ever stirred the vacuity of the normal female mind were of parties, petting, and prohibition. We are glad to be disillusioned.

On behalf of the Campus, we extend to our visiting rivals a hearty welcome. Such incidents as this come only too rarely. If Princeton loses, may we hope for a return engagement, maybe about the time of prom at Poughkeepsie?

Anonymous Guest Contributor