Agolia ’16, Nelson ’16 win Pyne Prize

University seniors James Agolia '16 and Andrew Nelson '16 were named winners of the 2016 Moses Taylor Pyne Honor Prize on Wednesday, according to a University press release.

The Pyne Prize isthe highest general distinction given to undergraduate students.

Agolia and Nelson will be recognized with the prize during Alumni Day on Feb. 20.

Agolia, a chemistry major, plans on attending medical school with the intent on becoming a surgeon and a scientist in academic medicine, according to the press release. His former honors include the Shapiro Prize for Academic Excellence in 2013 and 2014, the Peter N. Curtin Award for Excellence in Chemistry Research and Intercollegiate Rowing Association all-academic recognition.

Nelson is a German major with certificates in European cultural studies, values and public life and French language and culture. After graduation, he plans to focus on criminal justice, education and youth development through working in public advocacy and law, according to the press release. His previous awards and activities include the Arthur Liman Fellowship in Public Interest Law, the Guggenheim Internship in Criminal Justice, Phi Beta Kappa, the Department of German’s book prize and membership in the Behrman Undergraduate Society of Fellows.

More to come...