Men’s basketball prepares for Liberty on Thursday

After an encouraging victory against Lipscomb University down in Nashville, Tenn., the men’s basketball team looks to continue its newfound momentum as it takes on Liberty University back at Jadwin Gymnasium on Thursday night.

The Tigers (5-2) broke a two-game slide this past Saturday with their victory over the Bisons via stellar play from three of their upperclassman players. Junior guard Spencer Weisz and junior forwards Henry Caruso and Pete Miller all came to play in their last outing, with all three posting a double-double en route to a convincing 78-64 Tigers victory.

“Everyone is fitting into their own role on the team and what is expected of them,” Weisz said. “Each game, we just want to come out with high energy and try to fulfill those roles the best we can.”

Along with the rest of the team, Weisz will look to stay hot against an opponent with whom the Tigers have found success in recent years. In the teams’ two meetings in the past two years, Princeton has come out on top each time.

Indeed, with their recent record, the Flames (3-8 overall, 0-2 Big South) have looked less than stellar. They will enter Jadwin this week having lost their last seven straight contests and are currently tied for last in their conference.

Indeed, the Tigers head into this contest with a host of weapons to rely on as they start wrapping up the semester. Weisz, Caruso and Miller have shown this season that their stellar performances against Lipscomb were no fluke, and they all have established themselves as focal points in the Tiger rotation. Caruso, in particular, has really stepped up from last year. After averaging under seven points and just over one rebound a game in the 2014-15 campaign, he now boasts 17.0 points and just under eight boards. He leads the team and currently ranks second in the Ivy League in scoring.

Moreover, the Orange and Black have found a young weapon in the form of freshman guard Devin Cannady. The rookie has been third on the team in scoring this season, putting up 10 points a game for the Tigers. He has also been one of the team’s leading sharpshooters, as he’s averaged a shade above 40 percent from downtown on the season.

Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. The game can be viewed via the Ivy League Digital Network.