Men prepare for doubleheader, women to face first conference opponent in Yale

The fall season is young, but for Princeton men’s soccer, the next few days hold a lot of promise. This Saturday they’ll face Binghamton (5-3) in an away game and on Tuesday they’ll challenge No. 19 American University (6-2) in their second game at home. The Tigers currently stand at 2-2, and a pair of wins (and especially a win over American) would provide just the spark the team has been looking for heading towards their first Ivy League opponent of the year, Dartmouth, the following Saturday. Having just missed out on an NCAA bid last season, expect this team to send a message over the next week and a half.

Women’s soccer stands at a solid 5-3 on the season but they’ll face their first conference opponent, Yale, this Saturday at home. The Princeton-Yale matchup has historically favored the away team, with the guest claiming victory the last eight years. However, the women are coming off a strong 2-1 overtime win against William & Mary, their first win over an NSCAA-ranked team since 2012, and are currently on a three-game win streak, so they look primed to walk away the victors on home turf. Furthermore, the Tigers have outshot every opponent except Rutgers this season and have averaged three goals in each of their last three games. If the Tigers keep it up, Saturday should be a thrilling contest with plenty of fireworks.

This week both the men’s and the women’s teams earned the NSCAA College Team Academic Award for having a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better during the 2014-15 academic year, making it clear they’re stars in the classroom as well as on the field.