Games to see - Fall Preview

This article is part of our 2015 Fall Preview

Football

Opponent – Yale

Location – Powers Field

Date – Saturday, Nov. 14th

This is the game that could earn Princeton back the Bonfire, the celebration held when the football team defeats Harvard and Yale in the same season. Getting this victory – provided Princeton defeats Harvard on the road, no small task – will certainly give Tiger faithfuls that warm, fuzzy feeling again. It doesn’t hurt that the Tigers would be avenging themselves of the 30-44 loss they suffered in New Haven last season.

Women’s Soccer

Opponent – Yale

Location – Roberts Stadium

Date – Saturday, Sept. 26th

Two of the last three match-ups have gone into overtime. The most recent meeting featured a goal from junior forward Tyler Lussi in the last six minutes to help the Tigers to come out on top. If the trend continues, the Tigers’ Ivy League opener this Saturday could very well be a thriller.

Men’s Soccer

Opponent – American

Location – Roberts Stadium

Date – Tuesday, Sept. 29th

After just missing out on an NCAA bid last season, this soccer squad comes into this season hungry. Nothing could send more of a statement to the rest of the league than a win over currently No. 21-ranked American.

Field Hockey

Opponent – Penn State

Location – Bedford Field

Date – Sunday, Oct. 4th

When you crush the Ivy League like this field hockey team, you better hope your out-of-conference games will put you to the test. After hosting tough teams like UVA and UNC, they’ll get another shot at taking down one of the nation’s best at home in Penn State.

Women’s Volleyball

Opponent – Yale

Location – Dillon Gym

Date – Friday, Nov. 6th

After coming third in the Ivy League race last year, the Tigers could use nothing more than a victory over league champions Yale. The Tigers fell to the Bulldogs twice last season – getting this home win could go a long way towards an NCAA bid.

Men’s Water Polo

Opponent – Bucknell

Location – DeNunzio Pool

Date – Saturday, Oct. 31st

What better way to ring in Halloween than a bruising battle? These two teams went toe-to-toe in their three matchups, with Princeton coming out ahead all three times. You can’t sleep on the Bisons, though – they’re 7-2 right now, and if they stay hot, a duel with the Tigers could make for a fantastic showdown.