U. to remain closed Tuesday due to Winter Storm Juno

The University will remain closedon Tuesdaydue to inclement weather after closing earlyon Monday.

An email from the Princeton Telephone and E-mail Notification System to the University communityon Mondaysaid the campus would be closedon Tuesdayfor“nonessential personnel.”

The closure comes as the East Coast prepares for Winter Storm Juno, which has already caused thousands of flight cancellations. The National Weather Service expects snow accumulations of 6-12 inches for the Princeton area forTuesday.

Classes are not being held during Intersession break.

Frist Campus Center will be openon Tuesday, as will Whitman College Dining Hall.

Undergraduate Student Government president Shawon Jackson ’15 said Wintersession classes, which are personal enrichment classes offered in the last week of January, will be moved or canceled only if the instructor decides to do so. He added that students enrolled in Wintersession courses should look for emails from their instructors.

TigerTransit buses will not runon Tuesday.Athletic and recreational facilities will be closed.

The PTENS message said that the University will post an update about the campus closure by5 p.m.on its homepage and on the SNOW line at (609) 258-SNOW.

Despite the closure, the Princeton area may not be seeing the worst of the snow. Other regions, including New York City and Connecticut, have faced a blizzard warning, as opposed to the winter weather advisory applying to Princeton.