No life-threatening injuries in bus crash on Route 206

bus_twitter
bus_twitter

A bus crash on Route 206 on Tuesday afternoon resulted in no life-threatening injuries, the Princeton Police Department said.

A 2011 BMW 328i, driven by Justin Thomas of Morris Plains, N.J., struck the front bumper of a Rick Bus Co. school bus while the two were traveling directly toward each other.

The bus flipped over onto its right side and sustained damage to its left front side, while the BMW spun around and sustained serious front-end damage.

The crash took place at 2:48 p.m.

The bus contained a student, a teacher’s aid and the bus driver.

Those traveling on the bus were transported to the University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro for medical care, while the driver of the colliding vehicle was transported by ambulance to Capital Health Systems at Fuld for medical care.

All persons involved were alert and conscious upon the arrival of emergency personnel, and no one needed to be extricated from the vehicles, police said in a press release.

The Mercer County Prosecutor’s Serious Collision Unit and the PPD are currently investigating the incident.No summonses have been issued yet.

In addition, Route 206 was closed to traffic for several hours between Lovers Lane and Province Line Road this afternoon. It has since reopened.

Last year, Princeton’s traffic bureau issued 915 summonses related to motor vehicle accidents, comprising about 16 percent of all summonses issued by the bureau, according to the PPD’s annual report.

Of these summonses, only 219 involved injuries of any kind.

The report also said that the time period between 2:01 p.m. and 4 p.m. was one of the most common times for motor vehicle accidents.

Last month, a motor vehicle accident on Washington Road just south of Carnegie Lake Bridgeresulted in serious injuries to two pedestrians. Both pedestrians, a man and his son, were transported by the Princeton First Aid and Rescue Squad to Capital Health Systems at Fuld and the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, N.J., respectively.

Due to incorrect information provided to the 'Prince,' an earlier version of this article incorrectly stated that a BMW car involved in a crash was made a 2001 model. In fact, it was a 2011 model. The 'Prince' regrets the error.