Career Services launches new website to replace TigerTracks

The Office of Career Services launched HireTigers, a new career management website, to replace the former TigerTracks system on September 1. The system is part of Career Services’ long-term agenda to use technology to provide personalized professional services to students.

Executive Director of Career Services Pulin Sanghvi said that Career Services decided to replace TigerTracks because of frequent feedback from students that the former platform was very outdated and difficult to navigate. Career Services received evaluations on TigerTracks through its Student Advisory Board last spring, and developed the new system over the summer in partnership with Symplicity, an education software provider.

“A lot of how we are evaluating technology is around how technology supports the personalization process. How does technology help us to understand students better? How does technology help us to contact and support students better?” Sanghvi added.

Associate Director for the Employer Recruiting Program Grace Williamson said that the new system also allows Career Services to host events that meet students’ interests since information that students provide in their profiles will help Career Services figure out what industries and types of events interest students.

Williamson also said that HireTigers has the advantage of being connected to the National Association of Colleges and Employers network, which allows students to browse more job opportunities than through TigerTracks, which only listed job offerings targeting University students.

Williamson noted that HireTigers’ mobile-friendly interface is another advantage to students.

“Whether you are in between classes and walking across the campus, or you have your cell phone with you when you’re waiting in line in the U-Store,” Williamson said, “you can log into the system, apply to positions, and upload your cover letters and résumé.”

Career Services is preparing to add a customized resume-builder tool to the HireTigers system, Career Services’ Associate Director for Communications Outreach Evangeline Kubu said. Kubu explained that they will have examples of résumés from alumni and many different options for students with different industrial preferences to customize their résumés.

Cara Zampino ’17 said that she is excited about the new system, noting that the ability to use the system with her phone is really convenient. Stacey Park ’17, said that she personally doesn’t think the change in system makes much of a difference.

Zampino is a former copy editor for The Daily Princetonian.

Kubu said that based on the feedback she received from students, she believes that HireTigers is a user-friendly system that is easier than TigerTracks. She added that students haven’t had any issues with the new system aside from bookmarking the wrong login page.

“So far, we had more than 1500 students join and create their personalized, customized profiles, and we only received less than ten requests for assistance,” Williamson added.

The Career Services is hosting a HireTigers Orientation on September 15 to provide students with training on how to use the new system.