News & Notes: Lawnparties lineup called “easily the worst lineup of all Ivies”

Princeton’s Lawnparties lineup is “easily the worst lineup of all Ivies,” a Columbia Lion blog post said on Tuesday. The post listed artists playing at the spring concerts of the other Ivy League colleges and universities, except for Dartmouth, which hasn't announced its lineup yet.

GRiZ and Mayer Hawthorne will play at Lawnparties this semester.

The University of Pennsylvania’s Spring Fling will feature Magic Man, Ra Ra Riot and David Guetta. Chance the Rapper, Diplo, Lauryn Hill and others will play at Brown’s Spring Weekend and Chance the Rapper and Diplo will also be featured at Yale’s Spring Fling. Janelle Monáe will headline Harvard’s Yardfest. Cornell’s Slope Day will feature Ludacris. Lupe Fiasco, the Chainsmokers and Flaxo will appear at Columbia’s Bacchanal. Dartmouth has not yet announced their lineup for their Green Key Weekend.

I’m really excited about [GRiZ and Mayer Hawthorne] because they’re both up-and-coming, and I think, in a year, they’re going to be really huge, and people are really going to be happy they saw them at Princeton first,” USG social chair Logan Roth ’15 said following the announcement of the lineup. “The best part, of course, is that they fit into our budget, that they’re available and that they’re down to come and play.”