News & Notes: Talk with Google executives canceled due to weather

An event featuring Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt ’76 and Google Ideas founder Jared Cohen was canceled Wednesday due to bad weather, a spokesman associated with the event announced. The event, titled “The New Digital Age: Transforming Nations, Business and Our Lives” was scheduled to take place at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday in the Frist Campus Center Multipurpose Room.

The spokesman said Schmidt had transportation difficulties coming from New York City in his helicopter.

The event was intended to be a discussion between Schmidt, Cohen and Dean of the Faculty David Dobkin. They were going to discuss Schmidt and Cohen’s new book, “The New Digital Age,” which assesses the ways in which technology has transformed society and international relations. The event was free and open to the public and was supported by Princeton Public Lectures’ Vanuxem Fund.

Schmidt graduated from Princeton with a degree in electrical engineering andserved as CEO of Google from 2001 to 2011 before becoming executive chairman. “The New Digital Age,” which was released in 2013 and became a New York Times best seller, will be reissued in paperback with a new afterword on March 4.

The spokesman said they would try to reschedule the event, but did not give any definite details.