Sports Shorts: Women's Volleyball, Men's Water Polo

Women’s volleyball: Tigers return to Dillon in hopes of rebound

After two hard-fought matches that did not go the way of the women’s volleyball team, the Tigers will look to regroup from a rough road trip with matches against Dartmouth and Harvard this weekend. Though 5-0 Yale appears to be running away from the pack, Princeton’s 2-3 league record puts it in a tie for fourth with three other teams. Additionally, Harvard, which is also tied with Brown, is only one game ahead. The Crimson (8-6, 3-2) will be a tough opponent, but the Tigers will go into Friday’s match with confidence, as Dartmouth is in the cellar of the Ivy League. Sophomore right side/middle blocker Kendall Peterkin, who had 12 kills in a four-set loss to Yale last weekend, leads Princeton with 3.69 kills per set.

Men’s water polo: 13-4 Tigers to compete at Ivy Championship

Before they compete for the Southern Division title in early November, the Tigers (13-4, 6-1 Southern Division) will meet their Ancient Eight foes at the Ivy League Championship this weekend. Though it does not have many implications in terms of reaching tournaments later in the year, the championship will provide the Tigers with a chance to regroup after their first divisional loss of the year in last week’s game against Bucknell, which they had beaten earlier in the season. Freshman utility Jovan Jeremic will look to continue to impress coming off of a career game against Navy, in which he tied for second-best in Princeton history with eight goals in one game.