What's Hot on Campus?

Career Search: Summer Internship Fair & Nonprofit Fair

Find the TigerTracks website too daunting? Here’s a better solution than scrolling down web pages for hours to no avail: two career fairs in one day! These fairs will include more than 130 employers from a wide variety of fields. Whether you’re looking for a full-time job, a summer internship, paid employment or nonprofit work, this fair will have it all. So get off your laptop and come to Dillon to find your dream job!

Dillon Gymnasium

Friday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Theater:  The Tempest

Based on how the weather’s been for the past few days, you might feel like you’ve already seen “The Tempest” — but you haven’t seen it like this. As their senior thesis project, Lily Akerman ’13 and Samantha Ritter ’13 put their own twist on Shakespeare’s epic tale of magic, intrigue and romance. This distinctive production features marionettes created by Ritter who studied the art of marionettes in Prague. Directed by faculty member Tracy Bersley and starring Akerman, this production is sure to do the Bard justice.

Marie and Edward Matthews ’53 Acting Studio

Thursday-Saturday, 8 p.m.

Dance: BAC Workshop with Ellen Kim

A week of dance workshops will come to an uproarious end with Ellen Kim’s workshops this weekend. Kim has worked with Snoop Dogg and, rumor has it, after completing her workshop he decided he had earned the name Snoop Lion. Before Stomp worked with Kim, they were just Step. Before LL Cool J (Ladies Love Cool James) worked with Kim, he was just LKOL J (Ladies Kind of Like James). The list goes on. Beyonce also worked with Kim and, although she did not undergo a transcendent change because Beyonce has always been and always will be radiant, she and Kim worked together, so that in itself should convince you. While all of this is pretty much conjecture, the fact that these workshops will be awesome is pure truth. Swag.

Dillon Group Fitness Room

Saturday, noon and 5 p.m.

Theater: No Exit/The Chairs

This weekend only, Theatre Intime will be running a combination production of “No Exit” and “The Chairs.” Eight protagonists struggle to define themselves and find themselves in the pursuit of understanding their purpose in life. As their environment becomes increasingly confined, they must confront their inner torments. If this sounds a bit too heavy for the week of Valentine’s Day, you may be swayed by the fact that it also includes Trey Songz’s “2 Reasons” and an a cappella performance of Brit’s “Lucky”. If this combination does not intrigue you and inspire you to check this production out, I don’t know what will. You won’t want to exit, and you will be glued to your seat in awe of the magic happening on stage before your eyes.

Theatre Intime

Thursday-Saturday, 8 p.m.

Cultural: 2013 ACSS Princeton Spring Festival Gala

Featuring Chinese acrobatics by world-renowned acrobat Li Liu, hip-hop performances by Triple 8, traditional Chinese dance and music and an entertaining skit by Princeton Chinese Theatre, this is a New Year’s celebration you won’t want to miss. There will be ticket raffle prizes, including an iPad Mini! If you are missing the holidays or want a second start to those resolutions you made a month ago, come out and celebrate while ushering in the Year of the Snake!

Richardson Auditorium

Saturday, 7:30 p.m.

Music: Richardson Chamber Players Concert: “Bachianas and More”

Looking for a cultured way to end your weekend? How about a few hours of classical music? The Richardson Chamber Players, an ensemble group that includes talented students, faculty and guest musicians, are taking the stage this Sunday. They will open and close the afternoon with two selections from Villa-Lobos’ “Bachianas Brasileiras” and will also play Kurt Weill’s “Frauentanz” and Hindemith’s “Die Junge Magd.” These pieces include works for flute, bassoon, horn, violin, viola, cello and voice. Michael Pratt will be conducting this Princeton University Concert-sponsored performance.  

Richardson Auditorium

Sunday, 3 p.m.