What's hot on campus?

Music: The English Concert

Come listen to one of the world’s finest chamber orchestras, the English Concert. Renowned for its unique interpretations of Baroque works, the ensemble will be playing pieces by Handel, Telemann, Bach and Purcell to kick off the biennial American Handel Festival this weekend. With a pre-concert talk at 7 p.m. by music professor Steven Zohn, this is an event not to be missed for any Baroque music lover.

Richardson Auditorium

Thursday, 8 p.m.

Dance:  Triple 8 Dance Company presents: FLASHBACK

Are you a fan of dance? (Who isn’t?) East Asian culture? (Who isn’t?) If so, come check out Triple 8, Princeton’s premier East Asian dance company, in its annual show “FLASHBACK.” Expect to get a taste of traditional East Asian dance, but for those who prefer a more contemporary style, don’t fret — you will not be disappointed. With three bold and exciting shows on three consecutive nights, there is no reason for you to miss it! Triple whaaatt?!

Frist Film/Performance Theatre

Thursday through Saturday, 8 p.m.

Theater: The Baltimore Waltz

Come out to see this student-directed play that tells the compelling story of a school teacher infected with Acquired Toilet Disease. Watch as she travels across Europe with her brother searching for a cure in a story full of love and loss couched in what is considered a “deadly serious comedy.” Paula Vogel wrote this play after her brother’s death from AIDS, and many of the themes are a reflection of the role that the disease played in the ’80s and ’90s. “The Baltimore Waltz” will take you along for the humorous but simultanously serious journey.

Theatre Intime

Thursday through Saturday, 8 p.m.

Cultural: Princeton Caribbean Connection: A Taste of Carnival

A collaboration of the Princeton Caribbean Connection and the Program in African American Studies, among others, “A Taste of Carnival” is a night filled with food, dance performances and live music from the Caribbean. Mask and face painting will be available all night, and DJ Sonicboom from Rutgers University will be hosting the after-party at 11 p.m. Come out for a fun and cultural night!

Carl A. Fields Center

Friday, 9 p.m.

Musical Theater: Next to Normal

For the next two weekends, Princeton University Players present the Tony Award-winning musical, “Next to Normal,” directed by Steven Tran ’15. A story of a mother with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, “Next to Normal” discusses the crumbling life of Diana Goodman and her family. An emotionally raw, electrifying rock musical, “Next to Normal” forces us to examine illness and pain through the eyes of this hurting family.   

Class of 1970 Theatre in Whitman College

Thursday through Saturday, 8 p.m.

Service: Pace Center Open House

As second semester starts, are you searching for meaningful and rewarding extracurriculars? Look no further than the Community Service Kickoff! All Pace projects will be at the fair, ready to answer your questions and tell you more. Interested in health? Check out the Red Cross. Do you like kids and teaching? Swing by imPACT or Big Brothers Big Sisters. If you prefer policy, then Students for Education Reform will be one of many advocacy groups at the fair. These are just a few of the opportunities waiting for you this spring! 

Frist 200 Level

Sunday, 12 p.m.