Support the ‘Prince’

Please disable ad blockers for our domain. Thank you!

Our custodians here at Princeton do so much for us, taking care of our homes away from home and greeting us with a friendly smile each day. We rarely get the chance, however, to show our gratitude outside of a verbal “thank you.” The holiday season provides the perfect opportunity to show your favorite custodian that you appreciate his or her hard work and dedication. 

Card, $4.95, Paper Source, 82 Nassau St.

Even if you’re on a tight budget and don’t have much time to spare, never underestimate the power of a few thoughtful words. From the punny “Thanks a TON” featuring a grinning elephant to the classic “Happy Holidays” on a festive background, Paper Source offers a huge selection of cute and clever cards to express your appreciation with simplicity and sincerity.

Power Tools/Tool Set Chocolates, $9.95, Thomas Sweet Chocolates, 29 Palmer Square W

For the custodian with a sweet tooth, this pre-wrapped set of chocolates makes a fitting — not to mention delicious —  surprise. Choose between two equally adorable and equally mouth-watering sets: “Power Tools” includes a drill, a power outlet and a power saw; “Tool Set” features a screwdriver, pliers, a hammer, a wrench and a hand saw. Be wary of leaving these outside your door, however, as they are likely to attract unintended recipients.

Gift certificate, $50, Witherspoon Grill, 57 Witherspoon St.

Getting a pricier gift is still possible on a budget with proper planning. If you can organize your hallmates to pitch in for one group gift, you can treat your custodian to a meal at a local restaurant. Witherspoon Grill is a safe choice, but Blue Point Grill or one of the many other cafés across the street are also great options.

Comments