Campus Picks: Nov. 8, 2012

Interwebs: HackPrinceton

Interested in creating your own mobile application, website or program? Then come and join HackPrinceton’s fall event to mingle and share ideas with fellow programming enthusiasts. The three-day seminar includes guest lectures from people who played key roles in start-ups (and who usually bring free stuff) and will culminate with the building of your own working website. Be sure to RSVP in advance.

Second and Third Floor, Frist Campus Center 

Friday, 5 p.m. — Sunday, 5:30 p.m.

Four More Years: Election 2012: What Does It Mean for the Internet?

Do you long for the golden days when you could watch hundreds of pirated TV episodes for free? Join Gigi B. Sohn, President and CEO of the public interest organization Public Knowledge, as she discusses the technology policy issues that will be tackled by the President over the next term, such as SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) and PIPA (Protect IP Act). Whether you’re a technology nut or you’re just plain angry that you can’t find episodes of “The Office” from 2006, drop by and listen to the discussion of the role the government has in protecting intellectual property on the Internet.

Sherrerd Hall 101

Thursday, 4:30 p.m. — 6 p.m.

Music in a Chamber: Music for a While

”Music for a While” is the first of a three-part concert series by the Richardson Chamber Players, featuring works by English composer Henry Purcell. The program includes selections from “The Mock Marriage” and “The Fairy Queen,” a semi-opera based on Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” Players will include Wendy Young on the harpsichord, Nancy Wilson and Vita Wallace on the violin, David Miller on the viola and Vivian Barton Dozor on the cello and the gamba. Laura Heimes will sing soprano. 

Richardson Auditorium, Alexander Hall

Sunday, 3 p.m. — 5 p.m.

Debauchery: PUP Presents “NINE”

Seeking some drama in your life, no strings attached? “NINE” will indulge your craving for excitement as only debauchery set to music can. Written by Arthur Kopit and Maury Yeston and expertly directed by Eamon Foley ’15, “NINE” takes you on the racy, daring adventures of director Guido Contini as he confronts problems ranging from mundane writer’s block to an intense sex addiction. Grab a ticket from the Frist Ticket Office and take pleasure in watching someone else’s life fall apart.

Matthews Acting Studio at 185 Nassau St.

Thursday through Saturday, 8 p.m.

Saturday, 2 p.m.

Slam: BAC Drama and Ellipses Slam Poetry Group Presents: Human Nature

The first thing that comes to mind when you hear the name “BAC” is probably a roaring chant of “B-A-C, B-A-C, WHAT?” or a flurry of gyrating purple bodies. But BAC Drama, the theatrical counterpart of BAC: Dance, is no less breathtaking. Its riveting annual performance of one-act plays, monologues, skits and spoken word pieces is always challenging, inspiring and beautiful. To make things even better this year, BAC Drama has teamed up with Ellipses, a new spoken word group on campus, and the two promise a thoughtful, powerful evening of performance. 

Wilson Blackbox Theater

Thursday and Friday, 8 p.m.

Saturday, 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. 

Campus picks compiled by Annie Tao, Aoi Senju, Andrew Jeon, Zoe Perot and Trap Yates.