About the Princetonian
Founded in 1876, The Daily Princetonian is the daily newspaper of the University Community. A student-run, non-profit organization, 'The Prince' is financially independent from the University. Daily news coverage focuses on University issues and debates, campus politics, varsity sports, and Princeton community issues. The Thursday Street Section features local and campus entertainment and Monday's Sports Extra provides added athletic coverage.
Business Hours: Sunday through Friday: 1:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Telephone: (609) 258-8110
Fax: (609) 258-8117
U.S. Mail: Federal Express: P.O. Box 469
Princeton, NJ 08542
48 University Place
Princeton, NJ 08540
Advertising space is available on our Online Edition at www.dailyprincetonian.com. The Online Edition of the 'Prince' is currently read by over 1,400 unique visitors each day during the academic year.
We accept standard-sized 468x60 banner ads or 120x60 button ads, which can be placed on our front page or any of our other pages (News, Sports, Opinion, Steet, Miscellaneous, or any combination thereof). More importantly, your ad banners can be linked to any website of your choosing. We also allow advertisers to choose whether or not their ad will be shown to web surfers from within the university and whether or not their ad will be displayed on article pages or section indices.
Your company has probably spent a lot of time and effort developing a website with extensive information for prospective employees. Take full advantage of your existing website by advertising in the Online Edition, your site will be a single click away from thousands of Princetonians.
We can accept banner ads in PNG, JPEG, GIF format, which must be received at least one week prior to insertion. Our staff can also design a banner ad for you, or add interactivity and animation to your ad.
For rate and placement information, email our online advertising manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why advertise with us?
- Our readership totals approximately 6,000 people. It includes students, faculty and staff, local residents, local businesses, parents and alumni.
- No other campus advertising medium provides such cost-effective and direct daily contact with students and faculty.
- Readers pay close attention to advertisements because they contain important information concerning academic opportunities, University notices, career recruitment, local businesses, and social events.
- Special Issues, distributed free at certain events, reach an even wider audience, stretching out your advertising dollar. (See details below)
Ad Dimensions / Mechanical Requirements
Sizes are expressed as the number of columns wide by the number
of inches tall (e.g. a "3x5" ad is 3 columns wide by 5 inches
tall). Multiplying columns by inches gives the total number of
column inches. (e.g. 3x5 = 15 column inches).
Any size ad can be created according to these rules:
- Ads accepted in 1/2" increments, 1 inch minimum
- Minimum size: 2 column inches (1x2 or 2x1) "
- Widths are in full columns (no halves or fractions)
Rates / Charges / Discounts
Print Advertising Rates: For rate infomation, call our office at (609) 258-8110.
Classified Advertising Rates:
30 or fewer words $5/day 31-60 words $10/day over 60 words $15/day
Payment must be made by cash or check in full within 30 days. After 30 days, a 1.5% service charge will be assessed (Delinquent accounts will be denied future advertising).
New advertisers must prepay before the first insertion. Subsequent ads may be billed.
Display Ad copy must be received by 3:00 p.m. two business days prior to the desired publication date. (Note: The deadline for Monday's paper is 3 p.m. Thursday. The deadline for Tuesday's paper is 3 p.m. Sunday).
Classified Ad copies are due by 3:00 p.m. one day prior to the desired insertion date.
- Tearsheets for display advertising are mailed with invoices.
- Tearsheets are not sent for classified advertising.
- No page or position requests can be guaranteed, though they will be honored whenever possible.
- The Daily Princetonian may reject any advertising or limit the advertising content of any issue.
- The Daily Princetonian will not place your ad on the same page as a competitor's.
- Upon request, substantiation of proof of claim made in advertisements must be supplied.
- The Daily Princetonian reserves the right to demand cash payment prior to the publication of any advertisement.
Feb. 22 Spring Sports Preview Pullout: Preview of Princeton's spring season teams.
Feb. 25 Alumni Day Issue: Saturday edition distributed free to guests at Alumni Day functions. Great for student groups to advertise weekend events.
Apr. 26 Restaurant Reviews: Expanded edition with reviews of restaurants around the area.
Apr. 27 Communiversity Day Issue: The most widely distributed issue of the year! Expanded Friday edition distributed free to students and community members at the annual "town-gown" fair.
May 31 Reunions Issue: A year-in-review edition distributed free to over 6,000 returning alumni at Reunions weekend. Great time to welcome back alumni from your student group or eating club.
July 30 Freshman Issue: An 80+ page paper mailed to and intensively read by over 1,100 incoming freshman and their parents. Great for finding new group members and advertising jobs.
Sept. 14 Football Preview Pullout: Preview of Princeton's football team.
Oct. 12 Freshman Parents Day Issue: Distributed free at weekend events. Great time for campus groups to advertise events.
Nov. 8 Basketball Preview Pullout: Preview of Princeton's basketball team.
Dec. 6 Holiday Shopping Guide: Holiday issue distributed free to shoppers on Nassau St. as well as to students previewing the latest holiday trends
Issues are published every other day in January and May due to exam period.